View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I would love to find out why (a certain family member on Alan's side of the family), can't go on a bridge, get in a car (she will only ride on buses), she needs to take an atavan if one of her kids flies anywhere, etc. etc. And she is on anti-depressants and sleep meds. (I absolutely never knew this until recently). This person has worked their whole entire life and one would never know by speaking to them that in their youth, they 1, first stopped driving in the nighttime, then 2. Stopped driving completely because of anxiety.

Then they wouldn't go on a bridge, then they wouldnt' get in a car. Now whenever they have to go somewhere in a car, they get anxious and take a pill.

Is this general anxiety? This person was never in a car accident, never had problems going over a bridge, no one in the family was ever in an airplane accident. NOTHING CAUSED THIS EFFECT!!!

I sometimes wonder, (if there is no actual cause for the phobia or anxiety), then WHY are some people so full of fears that they can't get in a car, go over a bridge or have to take a pill when their loved ones fly anywhere. And this person flies places. But they must take an ativan to accomplish this.

My girlfriend told me the other day "melody, do you know how strong an ativan is", I said "isn't it like a xanax?" And she said "don't you watch ER?", whenever a person is brought in agitated in the ER, the first thing out of the mouth of the doctor is 'ATIVAN"".

I think the human mind is very complex and I wish there was an anti-fear pill or some kind of stem cell therapy that would take the "fear gene" out of us all. Man, we would ALL be better off. Not that I want people to take stupid risks or jump off buildings. But just to deal with life better.

Oh well, one can dream. My dream is that they find a way to generate teeth so that everyone can grow as many teeth as they need without resorting to implants, expensive dental procedures and just plain SITTING IN THE DAMM CHAIR!!!

lol Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote