View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sleepingbean, our experience was this: first we eliminated dairy (or rather I did since baby was exclusively breastfed). Next came eggs (as part of our conversion to a veg diet). Then we eliminated all corn syrup, dyes, preservatives and went organic (as part of my new-found health consciousness). Around age 5, we eliminated gluten. Since then, we have found ds to be sensitive to corn, soy and tomatoes! My theory is that each time we eliminated a food, we "overdosed" on another food, thereby causing a new sensitivity? I'm hoping that in time, I'll be able to reintroduce at least some of these foods in a rotation diet.

Interestingly enough, for ds the first knowledge of a problem with gluten, soy, and corn was tummy aches. When I pulled gluten out for a few months then reintroduced it, the symptoms presented differently (anger, tears, meltdowns). I tried to reintroduce soy after a few months, letting him have either tofu or tempeh every fourth day. After a few short weeks, he started having soakers at night that he would sleep through. So we pulled soy again. We pulled tomatoes as a result of wet nights also (not sleep-through soakers) with great success. I am continually amazed at how what we eat affects our bodies!

Good luck figuring out what is causing your daughter to have tummy aches.
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote