View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:45 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

thanks madelyn. i am not sure we are thinking the same way [meaning this possible student] - i don't think it was your theory or was it?

i guess acetylcholine is important for cognition but i get a lot of relief and sleep when i lower my acetylcholine. i have a score of 6 on your scale [very informative]and may be stupid but don't care ..lol i take xanax, amantadine and nortriptyline. i am not dyskinetic and i sleep.

very interested in learning more about potassium...i was not paying full attention altho i remember rick emphasizing it. It is an electrolyte and every cell has a potassium pump.

the web pages in your link are beautifully illustrated and animated. In spite of acetylcholine's relevance to cognition,I benefit many ways from lowering it - just relaxaation for one - , just can't be a genius all the time....ha! the genius is well hidden as anyone of you who has seen me lately can testify. no speech no brain.

its a trade off but i am thinking this theory is trying to control acetylcholine through diet. that's interesting. the sensitivity would mean low acetylcholine from exposure to its enzymes that inhibit it and thus that's not a good thing for cognition.

Is this theory the same thing as the inherited genetic disorder that people often don;t know they have and anesthesia with a certain ingredient causes them to flatline and they must be brought back with artificial respirators? frannie has it , she gets sick from bug spray.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote