View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:55 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default update

i went to the surgeon to have the staples removed and they gave me the evals written during my now diagnosed "post op delirium" -to take to the doctor. It was embarrassing to see written things like "she was alert.....with some inappropriate smiling. I think of Linda Blair in the exorcist.

I still haven't learned which anesthesia was used not seen the hospital's records. Have to go there. Both doctors that I see don't know just general anesthesia so here' another area where you must become your own expert. The surgeon agreed that the problem was the pain killer.

i was seen by a psychiatrist a few times and he said i should do fine going forward - no need for any psychiatric treatment [this must have been after my language came back.] i did take some seroquel - that is used for sleep and still could have something to do with my nightmares. look at those who take ambien...they become zombies and travel. By this time the fact that i had to read the statement 'no need for a Baker ACt with me as the subject gave me pause." how many pwp have been Baker Actd?? how many don't ever reallly come out of their anesthesia?
The neurologist for the hospital was a good guy who basically told me just get out of here as soon as you can and go back home and get back to your own thing. he said my neuro is the best, but he doesn't go near this hospital or rehab. he got lots of calls tho and i think at one point i was feeling upset that about him not coming. i received a reminder about am appt with him and in full loopy mode i said 'i was there where were you? i told the nursing supervisor that my doctor could kiss my **** *** ***. He should have helped me because he knows me. i am disappointed but know he doesn't go there for anyone.

THings in rehab are going very well. I have to stay here for a few more weeks i think, so i'm g etting to know them now. i'm allowed to leave for 4 hours and am going out to dinner tonight. i can walk but have much pain and need to start doing things like getting myself ready and be at physic al therapy by definite time. More like the real world.

There will always be patronizing and scolding. i snapped back once and haven't been scolded since.

wonder how long the typical rehab employee remains in one place?

a little humor:

i noticed it was indicated in my reports that i had Hepatitis C, which is not correct. i had hepatitis A with no lasting damage. i went to the front desk, where a 'manager" was and the head nurse also was working there and told him the situation. He didn't want this to be true...because he would have another thing to do. we all feel this way sometime but i don't want blood with hep c in it because they think i already have it. So he pulls my folder and goes thru it saying, " i don't see anything in here with HEP C. Then he said something really stupid but it shows how little confidence they have in the patients, especially if they have speech difficulty, he said, "ifyou had hep C you would be in isolation.

'yes i agree, i don't have it." he kept looking and i assured him it was there. the nurse walked over and found it immediately. Then he says oh ok i found it to which the nurse replied,"No I found it."

Has the human race gone completely ornery? that should have been dealt with:
Oh yes you wouldn't want that to be in your records, can you show me where it is?

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 10-29-2011 at 03:24 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (10-30-2011), indigogo (10-30-2011)