View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sometimes our MS meds can contribute to weight gain too, as I found out the hard way.

For me and my husband, we try to eat less. He's a great cook but hasn't wanted to cook for awhile so we eat quite a bit of fast food. We'll go through a drive thru and order one meal for dinner and split it. You can also order healthier options, such as vegetables in place of french fries or baked fish in place of fried.

A co-worker and I are into salads for lunch instead of the very unhealthy subs and junk we have eaten in the past. If you like salads, try to eat a salad every day. I even found a fat free ranch dressing that actually tastes good too. It has helped me drop five pounds in a couple of weeks, just eating healthier at lunch.

The only weakness I have is drinking beer, which gives me energy at night and enables me to keep up with the housework. I tried to research it years ago and the only ingredient I can find to explain the energy boost is brewer's yeast. LOL Wish someone would hurry up and invent a zero calorie beer.
MSCherokee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (10-29-2011)