View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frekoss View Post
I was diagnosed with occular Myasthenia 11 years ago. I quickly discovered that I was exposed to toxic mercury vapors during removal and replacement of a large amalgam filling only 7 days prior tothe onset of double vision. I had an elevated ANA titer, elevated liver enzymes and rheumatoid factor. My eyelids started to droop shortly after the double vision.

I never took steroids or any of the drugs prescribed for Myasthenia, however I did recover slowly. I had all of my amalgam fillings removed by a mercury-free dentist and started taking many many supplements. It took 3 1/2 years for my eyelids to go back up. But I did recover. I encourage anyone diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis to consider the possibility that your amalgam fillings, also called "silver fillings" can be at the root of your illness. There are many tests which you can have done (not blood) which can help you in determining if your fillings are causing your body to retain the mercury which is released from the fillings 24/7 from the date they are implanted. You can find the names of mercury-free dentists at the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. Please, do not allow just any dentist to remove your fillings, as they are not taught to safely remove them.

Also, please feel free to write to me for additional information.

You have nothing to lose by looking into this possibility, and everything to gain.

Freya Koss
Wynnewood, PA

Hi Freya,

I was diagnoses with Ocular Myastenia Gravis about 6 months ago. I had signs of double vision for over a year. Cooincidentally over last 2 years I had my silver fillings replaced (about 4 of them). How would I go about finding if mercury poisoning was a possibility, please send me additional info about how I can look into this possibility. Thanks, billfig99 -**
billfig99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote