View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your multi is high on B12, but you still may not absorb the B12. Only a blood test can tell if you are absorbing your B12 and what your folate level is. The B6 is very low. I have never used the P5P MrsD mentioned. I do take a B-50, actually I take 2. I do not get my B's from a multi. I don't take multis. Instead I take a prepackaged assortment from Costco that includes a B-50 and the other good stuff. To that, I add 100mgs B6, 250mcg B12, a second B50, 400 mgs niacin, 1000 mgs of C, 1400 IUs of D3, 300 IUs of E and a long list of micro-nutrients and minerals/metals

By taking about 400 mcgs of B12, my blood B12 is just right. With 1300mcgs of folic acid, my folate is just right.

If you are not absorbing the B12, you can try taking it by sub-lingual drops.

The concept is there is an extra needs for the B's to help the brain detoxify from the injury. My regimen was prescribed by an MD almost 30 years ago to help me recover from a severe depression. Within 8 weeks, I was back to great shape. When I stop the regimen, my moods get messed up and a whole bunch of less than desirable behaviors. My wife can tell when I have missed a few days.

This needs to become a lifestyle. The injured brain needs to stay properly fed.

As I mentioned in other posts, this approach takes a few months to see the real benefits. A side benefit is a much improved immune system. My allergies are almost non-existent when I an on my regimen. I also rarely get sick.

There are some (me included) who believe that vaccines, especially those derived from dead cell viruses, are not good for a sensitive brain. When the immune system goes looking for the invading virus and only finds dead cells, it tries to find something similar to attack. Nerve cells (brain cells)can get caught in the cross-fire. Plus, the antagonist (a substance that antagonizes the immune system into a response) in the vaccine can be rough on brain cells.

Live cell vaccines do not cause the same kind of immune reaction and do not usually have the antagonist in them since the immune system can find, and identify the weakened live cells and develop antibodies properly targeted against it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote