View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((((hugs)))))

I do understand the concerns about the time limit for editing, and I also understand that contacting someone to delete/edit a post when you feel emotionally fragile is not something that anyone wants to do.

I have been sitting here thinking about how we could reach a resolution, so that members feel safe posting here and have a way to have their posts edited/deleted when needed without having to go through the process of contacting someone.

What about the following compromise as a solution - If you are feeling the need to edit or delete your posts but are unable to engage in a discussion with a Moderator or Admin - would you feel comfortable sending one PM to a Mod or Admin with the words "remove my posts".

The Mod or Admin can then move all of your posts to a private area that no one can see (essentially deleting them), but because the posts are moved and not deleted, they could then be restored if/when you choose to return to NT or if/when you would like your posts to be restored... we could also then edit any particular posts that you wish to have edited before they are returned.

This idea has just popped into my head, so I will have to talk to the Admins to make sure that this is something that we can do -- also, before we would implement something like this we would want feedback from members of this forum about whether this idea is good or bad and whether or not you all feel as if this is something that would be helpful without being hurtful.

Would this help this forum (and the members of this forum) to feel more comfortable about the shortened editing time? Would sending one PM with the words "remove my posts" be something that you are comfortable doing? Would you feel more comfortable and safer by having this ability to contact a Mod/Admin in an easier way to have those posts quickly removed? And finally, would you feel comfortable and safer knowing that those posts can be restored if/when you choose, but can also stay removed if that is what you choose?

Please let us know what you think (either here on the forum or via PM) and please feel free to share any other ideas you have to help you feel safer and more comfortable to post with this shortened editing time.

hugs,
Liz