View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mao-i

Thank you for sharing all of this with us. It is informative and inspirational to hear your story, about how important for us to be informed and to have informed advocates for when we are not able to protect ourselves. Also, about the necessity of standing up for ourselves when we can (the Hep-C incident).
I have thought often about wearing a medical bracelet about using deprenyl/selegeline. Besides the narcotics being counter-indicated I recently had a scare and a 1 day hospital admit for many tests after going loopy from the combination of the MAO-I and an herbal sleep-aid. I think it had a triptophan/ or 5 HTP element to it.
We are cheering you on Paula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Paula

It is so GOOD to have you back! And I am still chuckling about Linda Blair and the movie, "The Exorcist"- lol. And not EVERYONE in the human race is ornery, but we are definitely closer to that being true than we were in our era.

We sure could use more reminders of the "golden rule" - we can post it on plaques in classrooms, have them hanging in living rooms and kitchens, posted over the entrance of stores and libraries, there on the handle of the gas pump, and under the name of every newspaper title. We need to be reminded that the golden rule is "Do to others as you would have them do to you; it's NOT "Do to others BEFORE they do something ornery to you!"

Wouldn't the world be a more pleasant place if we all made an effort to treat others the way we want to be treated?
Peg
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (10-31-2011), pegleg (10-30-2011)