View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The BEST thing my Doctor ever told me to do was to RESEARCH and LEARN about RSD, the available treatments, etc. He even gave me web-sites to explore!! This Forum has a WEALTH of information in it, and has allowed me to discuss subseqent questions that I may have with my Doctor more intelligently. I wish I found it EARLIER, when I was first diagnosed.

The most DIFFICULT part of RSD is trying to explain to OTHERS all the ways that it can effect one, physically and/or emotionally. AND, what has or hasn't been effective. OR, just "venting".

It could be that Doctors that "discourage" their patients from LEARNING, are pretty darned "insecure" THEMSELVES, and far too "RIGID" in THEIR limited knowledge of RSD to be OPEN to other forms of treatment, etc.

After all, "knowledge is POWER", and SOME Docs sure like to wield their Power over vulnerable and defenseless patients. Personally, that is who I would "run like H***" from, NOT a Forum of SINCERE, knowledgeable, UNDERSTANDING and SUPPORTIVE members...

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote