View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked

Argh. TOS is leaving me with little hope. I have read nearly every pub med article that exists. Every thread on this forum going back years. Links on the net. Twitter even. Emailing people going back to 2002 about their long term relief of surgery.

I am having a very difficult time believing there is any real hope for serious NTOS relief unless I am willing to simply drop everything in life and quit working entirely. Even with a remote chance of two (I am bilateral) decompression surgeries the likelihood of relapse is great if I go back to a computer job. Or the likelihood of being left worse is very probable with scar tissue and such.

I feel out of options. Have tried PT. Chrios. Active release. Deep tissue. Muscle relaxants. Etc. etc. I am depressed and exhausted from seeing doctor after doctor. I have an orthopedic appt. tomorrow and a vascular surgeon appt. on Friday. I am not expecting any good news but rather more input on how complicated my situation is. Hoping for no vascular involvement but am not guessing I will be that lucky.

I do self care -every- day and still find myself worsening little by little. I don't want to live the rest of my life on opioids and fentanyl or be reduced to having people drive me everywhere because I am unable to use my hands overhead. I want my old life back and feel like I am dying slowly with this.

I feel very dark and helpless as I watch my career, my marriage, my world, and my sense of life just dwindle away. Just so unjust and unfair to have this. I truly feel a sense of sadness for anyone afflicted with TOS. It is horrible and mentally torturing in addition to the physical symptoms. I would rather die than live like this indefinitely.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (10-30-2011)