View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sounds like erythromelalgia

I saw your video and it looks to me like erythromelalgia (EM), especially since you said it flared up after a shower. The determining question is: are your symptoms relieved when you cool your feet off (by putting them in cool water or in front of a fan)? If the symptoms are triggered by heat and relieved by cold, then it is without a doubt EM. I have those exact same symptoms. I also have tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet so getting a clear diagnosis has been difficult. One dr suspected CRPS and sent me to the pain mgmt clinic, but I don't believe it is CRPS. I don't have the constant severe pain of CRPS, but there is a lot of overlap with the other symptoms (color, temperature and skin changes). My feet also get colder than normal between EM flares. I've done hundreds of hours of research since this started in June, and to me it seems obvious that the cause is some sort of sympathetic nervous system dysfunction (this causes the vascular symptoms) as well as hyperactivity in the small C-fiber nerves (this lowers the threshold of heat perception). My drs are not familiar with EM so I am having to be my own detective.
Elisabeth
friuli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mnp2011 (10-31-2011)