View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so sorry for you and your daughters having to deal with rsd. For adults it is miserable but for poor little ones...I can't even imagine what they go through being so young and not understanding how it all works. Good news is that many children for whatever reason are able to get their rsd into remission with lots of PT. My advice would be to find a pediatric hospital that has a program for rsd and get her there quickly! It will be tough for her as it has been I am sure but with the right PT they can get her moving her ankle/foot again. My initial site of trauma was my rt foot and I did not walk on it or could not use it for a year and a half. I saw a chiropractor and she had me walking on it within a month of her initial treatment. But get her to a rsd peds dr for PT asap! There are many other treatments out there and it is a hit and miss type thing but for children time is of essence. If the hospital wants you to wait push them and tell them how bad she is and insist on getting in there asap. Best of luck to you and let us know if you need any help or have any questions.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote