View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Medical Marijuana

Living in California with a medical marijuana recommendation, I have received great benefit from a liquid form of marijuana. (I don't like to smoke) Instead of having to rely on strong sleeping pills that leave me stumbling into the wall the next day, just a couple of drops of liquid THC gets me a good night's sleep. Before, I was lucky to get 2-3 hours sleep. Now I get 6-7 hours and wake up clear headed.
That's what I call valuable medicine!
Now suddenly the feds have declared war on medical marijuana and are closing down the dispensaries. It is legal on the state level but illegal on the federal level. Obama had made a policy of leaving medical marijuana alone but now, the policy has changed.
Where does that leave me? Am I supposed to wander around street corners trying to buy pot??? It's crushing to see how easily my health problems can be just swept aside and medicine that helps me can be taken away.
Anyone else in the Parkinson's community tried marijuana? Even if you haven't or don't want to, please consider how easily and thoughtlessly this medicine has been yanked away. If anyone out there is concerned with this situation, please contact your representatives in Washington and let them know how you feel.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (10-31-2011), toyL (01-14-2012)