View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisarachel1 View Post
Hello all,

New on here come on searching for some solutions to my daughters misery... she was diagnosed with CRPS in June after a crush injury to her ankle in January. She has not walked a step since Jan and although she is receiving Physio, occupational therapy and counseling along with lots of pain relief her symptoms never go below a "5" pain level. I feel hopeless and don't know what to do - what can anyone advice on treatment that has worked for you or your family - especially children?

Many thanks
My daughter is 12 and was diagnosed with RSd in April. Started in her right ankle and spread to both legs from the knee down and the right shoulder and arm. She missed school from April on and was unable to do anything for months. She is an avid athlete playing all sports and we went to Boston Childrens Hospital. Place was amazing. The staff and doctors were great and she was there for 3 weeks. She missed the first week of school, but she is now back to school and playing soccer. I was recommended to go to Boston Childrens Hospital or ChOPS in Philadelphia by 2 families who both had excellent results as did my daughter. If you need any info, I would be happy to help as the first few weeks we didn't know what to do. The pain was a constant 9 - 10 and she was on medications and not sleeping. After the first week at Boston, she was off all meds and is sleeping wll also.
mgordon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (11-01-2011), LIT LOVE (10-31-2011), SandyRI (11-05-2011), wswells (10-31-2011)