View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecyn View Post
And in all honestly, we get tired of complaining and just plain tired; PTSD. Most of us NT TOS originals finally get to the right "professional(s) for our own individual needs. Our new job is our health.

We all live with TOS and all its tag-along components like a cancer patient who lives with cancer...

It's a lifetime of learning, researching and finding out what works for you
Hi olecyn,
You are so right!!!!!!
The hardest aspect of TOS for me is knowing that regardless of different activities, lifestyle changes or operations undergone its here possibly for life!
My biggest struggle at the moment is coming to terms with this fact..... but I'm beginning that journey now.
Despite my op and another to come( possibly in December) I'm now focussing on what I can do instead of what I can no longer do.
I'm just starting councelling and working on CBT, and getting a health trainer to help guide me back into gentle exercises that will not drain or hurt me.
It's a transistional phase. Not what I planned for in life but I must also bear in mind that I CAN and WILL adapt.
My main goal is to try and not moan so much about it. Not only does it drain those around me, it drains me too ( most of all, me)!!!!
NEW MANTRA: Acceptance=Peace.
The more I come to terms with it the easier it is to move on and continue living the best way I can possible.
Best wishes to you.
SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote