View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabbler2 View Post
6 days ago I had c5/6 6/7 fused..and they sent me home on t3's! after coming down with a respiratory infection they put me on perc5.
now I am out of meds and they are refusing to prescribe me anything else for the pain...they said i don't need meds and it is all in my head.
My left arm is throbbing and i can hardly stand up. The only thing that makes me almost tolerable is sittng in bed........what am i suppossed to do with out anything for pain.....they said " take tylenol ".
The pain is getting worse and i only have 20 t3's left...any suggestions on what to do?
Hi there,

That's crazy that they wouldn't give you anything stronger for pain. I was on Oxycontin, muscle relaxers and percs for months after surgery. I had the same surgery as you in March, fused C5, C6, C7 with titanium plate and cadaver bone.

I would call my family doctor first and try to explain your pain level and see if he will help you. If that does not work out then go to ER, call an ambulance if you can't have someone drive you. You should ask for some muscle relaxers also, it will help.

Are you wearing your cervical collar? I was in mine for 8 1/2 weeks post op. It was brutal. But make sure you wear it.

Good luck with your recovery, take care of yourself and make sure you don't wait too long to talk to someone, better to get seen before you run out of T3's.

Take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote