Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Default cinnamon for diabetics

here is a small article:

http://www.healthbulletin.org/diabetes/diabetes4.htm

Cinnamon for Diabetes
It tastes good, especially with a pinch of sugar.It smells good, even purported to have male-arousal effects.

Scientists at the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) began studies on cinnamon ten years ago. It was then found to make fat cells much more responsive to insulin (that's positive.) They are still working on an ingredient in the plant, but have already found that this substance (MHCP,) prevented the formation of "damaging oxygen radicals...."
As Dr. Richard A. Anderson of ARS states, "[it] could be an important side effect, [since] other studies have shown that antioxidant supplements can reduce or slow the progression of various complications of diabetes."

This MHCP ingredient, the ARS found, is water soluble and is not found in the spice oils sold as food additives. Anderson added that this substance reduced blood pressure in animals with high pressure readings.

NOTE: The way to use it, it would seem, is to buy sticks of cinnamon, grind it if you can and add it to bread recipes and as a tea with sugar.

i am not diabetic, but i sure do crave sweets. i use atleast 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon a day. i have no cravings unless i miss a few days. now i eat my brownies...cuz i want to which honestly hasn't been very often...but don't tell anyone.

i had other links about cinnamon, but they they have expired or something. i'll try and find some new ones.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote