View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Newly diagnosed Chiari 1

Hello everyone. I am a 36 year old who's health for the past 10 years has been in decline. I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sent to pain management doc who was also a neurologist, in his work up he ordered a MRI of my brain and after 3 months of seeing him and he still had not read my MRI I decided he was not the doc for me. I started seeing a new pain man. doc last month who in reading the reports from the old doc said "I see you have a chiari malformation." Well since this was the first time I heard this I was completely blown away. I have worked in the medical field for years and new somewhat about this but not a lot. Needless to say I was shocked, how could the former doc keep this information from me?? When I first researched chiari I couldn't believe that I every symptom I have told numerous doc's over the years are the basic chiari symptom's! How was this missed?? I am being referred to a neurologist and am wondering why I need to see one, I have had a discectomy at L5/S1 so already have a neurosurgeon, although I am not sure if he has any experience with chiari. So my question is, does anyone know of any doc's in SC or surrounding state's with experience with this? I would appreciate any help or information on this condition..
pratt4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote