Thread: Syringomyelia
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Newbie

I also am new to this thread and posted in another one earlier, I have been dealing with health problems for the last 10 years and was diagnosed with fybromyalgia but recently was diagnosed with chiari 1 and in reading the symptom's on the mayo clinic website can not believe no one caught this before now!! I have literately gotten to the point that I am home bound, fighting for disability, and it didn't have to be this way. I am only 36 with 2 children and thought my life was over, I never fully accepted the fibro diagnosis and also do not want to have to be on pain meds to just live a some what normal life. I am lucky to have a husband, who has literally had to carry me to help me with daily life, and also had to come to terms with my limitation's and my children having to grow up watching me like this. I do what I can and try not to stress about what I can't!! I am hoping when I get to a neurologist or neurosurgeon that surgery will be an option so that I can get back to somewhat of a normal life. Any info on doc's around SC or information on chiari would be greatly appreciated
pratt4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote