View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy

I would agree with the theme of the others posting. I think its better safe than sorry especially where she's a keeper. Risk of elbow to head or head to post or foot to head injuries are so high with that position.

I am 27 and have played since I was 6, highly competitive since I was 13. Just this last year I had 3 seemingly mild concussions from head to ground (tripped), ball to face, and head to head. First one needed about 3 weeks recovery time till I was back playing symptom free. Second one took about 2 days. This last one was awful and its 4 months post and still migraines and photosensitivity every day.

I have decided not to play again. Its not worth another head injury and yet another delayed recovery. The only way I could see it being a good trade off her recovery is 100% for several months, she invests in a F90 head guard, and totally changes her style of play as a keeper (which might be difficult if not impossible). If I go back even to recreational, I will do the same and try to avoid all possible head to head, head to post, and other risky situations. I feel her pain, its very difficult giving it up. But speaking from experience, right now I wish I never played this last year. Not worth the headache (literally)!
smac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote