View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh, Tyson, you're too smart and young to start pooh-poohing possibilities! Leave that to the older, stuck in their ways doctors.

The fact is that anything which interferes with the biochemistry of our bodies is potentially a cause of diseases, including MG. Toxins, viruses, drugs and so many other things taken internally can cause disease states, temporary or permanent ones. Researchers have only scratched the surface of what can make us sick.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...overview#a0104

Quote:
Methylmercury has a high affinity for sulfhydryl groups, which attributes to its effect on enzyme dysfunction. One enzyme that is inhibited is choline acetyl transferase, which is involved in the final step of acetylcholine production. This inhibition may lead to acetylcholine deficiency, contributing to the signs and symptoms of motor dysfunction.
They have yet to determine whether or not there could be something that could reverse or "back engineer" MG and I rather doubt they'll come up with it in our lifetimes. Many drugs can make MG worse. If they would only concentrate their time on "if it can make MG worse, then what can make it better," they might come up with better drugs for us. Or, dare I say, a cure.

So while a lack of mercury has not been shown to get rid of MG, mercury in the body does affect acetylcholinesterase and, therefore, MG.

Since Freya is long gone (since 2008), I doubt this info will get to her anyway.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geode (11-01-2011), korbi_doc (11-17-2011)