View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabbler2 View Post
6 days ago I had c5/6 6/7 fused..and they sent me home on t3's! after coming down with a respiratory infection they put me on perc5.
now I am out of meds and they are refusing to prescribe me anything else for the pain...they said i don't need meds and it is all in my head.
My left arm is throbbing and i can hardly stand up. The only thing that makes me almost tolerable is sittng in bed........what am i suppossed to do with out anything for pain.....they said " take tylenol ".
The pain is getting worse and i only have 20 t3's left...any suggestions on what to do?
Without knowing anything else about you or what your symptoms were before the surgery and how they are different now, I think you should go see your PCP and ask for his assistance by virtue of a script for additional pain meds and (assuming this is not WC) a referral to a neurologist or pain management doc to figure out why you are worse. Your surgeon sounds useless at this point for unknown reason so move on at least so far as pursuing pain control options and further clarification.

A complication would be indicated if you either had worsening pain or inappropriate pain not explainable by anything else, post-surgically. Sounds like you are there. There are numerous reasons for increased post-op pain, some of which are an emergent issue.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote