View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I didn't stop my Synthroid, only my vitamins.

When you get your thyroid levels tested, you should not take the Synthroid the morning of the test. Or additionally you can skip one previous day as well. But no more than that.

I do believe it was the B-12 that was making me jumpy. After not taking it for a few days, the anxiety started to settle down. Then I got some exercise, and had some orange juice (for the potassium), and between those two things the anxiety level went way down and then I was feeling normal again.

I just had my gum grafting surgery today and it went well. The inside of my mouth is all stitched up and I'm staying ahead of the pain with tylenol or ibuprofen (not together). I will probably continue to take a break from B-12 for a few days and then resume with the 1,000 mg and all my regular stuff.

Do any of you know anything about Pyrolurria? I just found out that I have it via a urine test. It causes malabsorption of B-6, Zinc, and a few other minerals. I'm in the process of trying to find a doctor who knows how to treat it. I have read that people with Pyrolaurria need to take P5P in addition to regular B-6. Luckily, my B-complex vitamin DOES have P5P, although not in the dose recommended to treat the condition. It's considered controversial. Some MD's don't believe that it exists. Naturopaths mainly treat it, but there are a few MDs who understand it, such as group called the Pfeifer Center in the Chicago area. (But I live in California).
zeeclass6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (11-01-2011)