View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

What pyroluria does is increase excretion of the B6 and zinc.
This is because the pyrroles made by the liver in error, complex these two nutrients so they become unavailable to your other tissues for the work they do.

So taking extra is the solution. One has to watch high zinc intake because over time, it can block copper utilization and some believe manganese as well. So doctors test the minerals periodically in the blood. Also very high zinc over time can cause neuropathy. Low zinc tends to cause slow wound healing of the skin and lowered immunity to viruses and bacteria.
Some drugs actually deplete zinc... ACE inhibitors for blood pressure, diuretics, some antivirals, hydralazine, acid blocking drugs.

I never get the "energized" B12 reactions, for some reason.
But I suppose in people who start out very low (I have fairly normal levels), the switch to higher will energize your metabolism some. When you take oral, daily, the amount really absorbed it not high. People with intact intrinsic factor may absorb more. B12 is excreted in the bile, and eliminated.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (11-01-2011)