View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How to get through College with Good grades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
YES!!! I just figured out that connection! It took me 2 years to figure it out. The only reason I finally did is because I'm taking my 2nd psychology class in college. I'm 40, diagnosed in 2004. I've done so well. Straight A's, responsible, I can follow through, make appointments on time & can manage my emotions much better. But every 23 days I take extra medication because I'm feeling so out of whack. I have classes to attend, work, homework & was under pressure. I began to think that maybe I was abusing the meds because I was 1 week short every month because I needed the extra help. Finally last week I was so distraught over it that I went into my doctor's office crying & said I was quitting the meds because I was too irresponsible to take it & maybe I was just a drug addict after all! Thank God he knew better. My boyfriend pointed it out to me a long time ago but I just sluffed it off, like what does he know? My sister mentioned it again about 6 months ago, again I ignored it. My psychology teacher pointed it out & with my new knowledge of the brain & neurotransmitters all of the sudden it clicked! I was so relieved to find out what the problem was. My doctor is making accommodations for me in my daily schedule until we can pin point which hormone/neurotransmitter is the culprit, if we can. When I start my period for the next 3 months I will go to get my blood drawn for hormone level checks to see if we can discover the problem. Yes, Adderall XR is ineffective 2 days before and during my period. Absolutely! Thank God I'm not the only one! Thank you so much for posting that. You confirmed it for me.
Hi,
I know I'm terribly late to comment. What you said interest me that you're an A student. I'm entering 4th month of my college, and exam is close!
Please help me do you have tips and can you share how can you get A's, it's terribly hard with this ADD. Thank you in advance!