View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
@Bis...

Have you tried Benfotiamine? This special B1 form is helpful for those who have reactions to alcohol. Our alcohol metabolism involves other alcohols in food besides ethanol, and it also involves carbohydrate metabolism. 300mg a day for a month will show if you respond to this as a trigger.

Also r-lipoic acid is helpful too. 100mg a day of the stabilized form on an empty stomach.

Burning for me responds to Biofreeze gel. This can tide you over until the supplements start working.

Yes, I was on vacation during this thread. The AlkaSeltzer is helpful, but don't rely on it heavily, because of the aspirin content. Use wisely for the worst burning times. It blocks histamine receptors which may be the cause of some burning issues in some people. Only use if you are allowed aspirin and are not taking blood thinners, etc.

Any other ????.... Please use this thread for those.
Ok, I'll try those two supplements. I've got some methylcobalamin I can start taking again too, if you think that would be helpful.

I also often have pain that isn't really burning, but more like aching or soreness - usually from pressure on my feet from things like standing or wearing tight shoes. It feels like I've been on my feet the entire day even though it may have only been an hour or less. I guess I've been assuming this particular symptom is common with the burning. That wouldn't make any difference in your recommendation, would it?
bis22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote