View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
russ,can't believe your going on the 8th year with your disibility claim and 3rd hearing..that's a long time..you must have a lot of patients because most people probably would have given up at this point.don't know if you read kelley's post on how she applied for disibility benefits in august and was recently approved after a few short month's.i told her in my reply that has to be one of the quickest approvals for benefits on this forum since most people such as yourself have been waiting years to try and win benefits.i told her that she should feel very fortunate about winning benefits so quickly and iam sure you would agree.gilbert
I agree with you on that one. She should feel very blessed and thankful. When I read her news, I will be honest to say that I had mixed emotions (decided because I am only human).... On one hand, I am very happy for her and that she did not have go through this grueling process, but on the other hand, I can't help but to think how could she be approved so quickly when some of us have legitimate cases as well and have to play this torturous waiting game, only to have the rug pulled out from under by the hands of one individual, that being the ALJ. Why some and not others? I know everyone's case has different circumstances and medical issues but it seems that some of the blatantly obvious disabled are having the door closed in their face. I feel like it is the SSDI administration's mission to strip a person down to nothing, until they have no sense of self or integrity left. Am I becoming more bitter about this, perhaps so!! How to let is go and come to terms with it is what I am desperately trying to figure out. I am stuck and can't seem to get past the disbelief.
puppy66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote