View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy66 View Post
I have been trying to figure out how to sum this up so someone might take the time to read my post and help me with my predicament.

I will skip the beginnings of my information and jump right to the end. I had my hearing in front of the judge on September 15, 2011... Within 2 weeks I received an unfavorable decision, dated September 23rd. I had a solid work history, having worked for the same company for over 10 years. I applied for SSDI on November 1, 2009. I did not work from 11/1/2009 through 6/30/2010. Due to severe financial constraints I decided I would try working to see if maybe I could struggle through and do it. That attempt failed. I worked full time for 6 weeks but I just could not do it and my doctor dropped my hours down to 20 hours per week, which lasted for 2 weeks, and then my doctor dropped my hours down again to 16 hours per week (limiting me to 4 hour shifts at most). I have been working at that level since then (august 2010). I work out of my home and it really does constitute a sheltered work environment and would never be allowed at an office.
Anyway, so here I am waiting for my appeal decision at the Appeals Council in Virginia. I am still working my hours but I honestly just can't do it anymore but feel at this point like I can't quit. It's a catch 22. I can't do it anymore but I'm too afraid to quit and if I do, I fear they will use that too against me. If I try to cut down my work even more, my employer will probably laugh in my face and say goodbye. Has anyone gotten a doctor's note to quit a job. Maybe I should consider taking a medical leave. If I quit my job is the judge going to say I did that because I got denied the 1st time due to working part time? Any ideas?

I suppose I should have let my kids go hungry, allow foreclosure on my house, and live out of my car and then I probably would have been approved benefits back on Sept. 15th. It is so wrong and unfair.
Bottom line is, the way I understand it, If you work, you're screwed.
bdh1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote