View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the input, all and any helps me not feel so alone in this process.

My lawyer says I have a stronger case to stick with my original claim and wait for the Appeal Council's decision, as she thinks I have an excellent chance at a remand. My judge made "significant errors and misapplication of several laws". All the government websites support what my lawyer had original told me about my work activity and it was and still is under what is considered SGA. I feel if the Appeal Council sees the judge's errors and by God's grace I am given a chance at a second hearing then if the judge can get past step one, I have significant medical history, records, surgeries, etc.. and the support of several doctors, including a neurosurgeon and the doctor SSDI had present at my hearing. If I can only get that chance for another hearing then I have come to the conclusion that I can in no way be working even 2 hours a week in order for my case to be considered. With that said, back to my original question for anyone willing to give their input, how am I going to leave my job without it being a red flag to my judge? With that said, I am not going to leave my job just for that reason but I honestly cannot do it anymore (not only due to my pain but my depression and anxiety are out of control and I cannot even concentrate on the little bit I'm trying to do). Do I ask my doctor to write a note explaining to my employer the reason for my leaving the job? Do I just quit on my own? How do I cover my bases so as not to cause more issues with my case. At this point, I need to appeal, as the judge did make many errors and no explanation to support why she felt my work, even though below the SGA, is considered gainful, especially with all of the accomodations I have being at home, i.e. taking 10 minute breaks every 10 minutes. But I do know if I am lucky enough to get back for a 2nd hearing, the job can not be there, as it will just "muddy the waters".

How to leave the job is my question? Does anyone see what I'm saying. Whether I get a remand or have to start over, I feel it is crucial to leave this job in the proper way.
puppy66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote