Thread: Cervical Fusion
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It doesn't hurt two weeks after surgery, so there's that

Two weeks out from my ACF with donor bone at C4/5. Pain pump at hospital. and even though I told them - twice - to give me Compazine or Promethazine FIRST, I happily upchucked everything after I came out of the recovery room until someone turned the pump down and gave me some Compazine, and an hour later I was dressed and ready to leave.
I took hydrocod 10-325's every 3 hours, and the anti-nausea drug every 6 hours for about 5 days. Then I spent a couple of days getting my digestion straightened out again, and I wear the soft collar 24/7 except to shower. I have no pain at the moment, but I am very careful to follow restrictions to the letter: I want this graft to heal properly. Oh, I know pain, it's a good friend of mine, I've had arthritis for 35 years. But I don't tolerate it any better than anyone else! Good luck! May your surgeon be brilliant and your nurses wide awake and caring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty45 View Post
Well, Wednesday is the day for my surgery. I am looking at C5/6-C6/7 right now with a possibility of C4/5 as well. Anyone have any wisdom for me?
oldlacemaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote