View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untilthebell View Post
I just hope they are going after the proper individuals who are robbing it from those who really are disabled. Its sad when you have a true disabilty and your denied and put through such stress, yet others with a so called bad back are out playing golf,working and still collecting disability.

And the link you posted was great (Thank You).Some of those numbers were a bit shocking yes.Being so new to this SSDI thing I had no clue that many lost their benefits when review time came.

Do you personally know anyone who lost their benefits? If so why?

Hope everybody is well!
No, not that I know personally more than having a passing aquaintenance with.

Here's the thing, there are people that work the system, and if you have real evidence of someone doing so, you should report them. But, it's difficult even with an in-depth medical review for a doc with lots of experience to always get it right. That's why there is so many safety nets to keep having applications reexamined. If you saw me out in public, you would question why I was approved. The reality of my life is that I'm homebound except for a few days a month due to pain and the side effects of meds. I don't owe anyone an explanation of why I receive SSDI, and I extend the same courtesy. Those that pose questions that imply they're trying to work the system, I usually will question. In order to be proactive to qualify for or to retain benefits, it pays to be savvy about the system, though... There are no easy answers.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 11-01-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Typo
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote