View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

UGH! I'm so, so sorry! I knew this was a state program, by I thought I remembered reading recently that every state offers it. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I try to always link to avoid making mistakes but there's times I post from my phone...and I blew it!

Only five states currently offer it: CA, HI, NY, NJ, RI. http://employeeissues.com/state_disability.htm

You should speak with Human Resources to see if the company provides another type of short term insurance, if you don't live in one of the states listed above.

If your doc is supportive of continuing to reduce your hours and increase your restrictions further, until you're no longer working by his or your employer's decision, this would address your concern regarding an ALJ being suspicious of you suddenly stopping work as a result of the SSDI decision. Research unemployment insurance in your state before you ask your doc to do this, though! You'll want to verify what happens to your weekly unemployment benefits if you go from let's say 10 hours a week to stopping, as opposed to 20 hours a week to stopping?
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote