View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default hello emptynest

I agree with you 100% The drug makers would loose their money big time. There are people in positions of power, who do not wish the laws to change. Some how there is a benefit out of it for them. During prohibition, the underground trade was huge! All the gangs like up in chicago, who provided the booze, made huge profits, because they knew people were going to drink. Police were paid off at the speak easy clubs. The cops were in on it. Now we have the drug cartels down in mexico and at our boarders doing the same thing on a huge scale. That is where the crime is. That would cease to exist, if people could grow their own, or a tax be put on it like drinks and cigaretts. Wanna get out of national debt? The tax and legalization of it would boost our very poor ecomomy. I do feel there is something not quite right about the whole topic. I am a 60's child, the origional flower power. I didn't feel it was wrong back then and I don't now. The medications I take are far more dangerous. Almost everybody I know, has used this at some point in their lives. My 94 year old Aunt wanted to try it before she died. That was hugely funny and she love me dearly. My mother never forgave me. I have that memory and it brings a smile to my face every time. If I could do this, I would. I can't take the chance because of medicare/medicaid. They are using that to reduce the number of people receiving benefits. So I will post and lend my voice to this subject. I will speak out because people are suffering so terribly. Even if it just helped emotionally to cope it would be worthwhile to those who suffer. It is the second most profitable crop in our country. That says alot about the people who live here. Let us hope America changes and again becomes the land of the free. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EmptyNest68 (11-02-2011)