View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default friend of mine's ssdi benefits were terminated today

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
You're supposed to treat it that way, yes.

I see you found my SHOCKING thread. You'll find the CDR statistics there as well under the DDS section. I thought very few people lost benefits once approved. The numbers are rising. SSDI beneficiaries fare better with CDRs than those collecting SSI.

Look at AZ for example. 25% lose SSDI, 40% lose SSI after a CDR. Yikes
a very close friend of mine who was collecting ssdi benefits for about 9 years for depression and migraine headaches recently had his ssdi benefits terminated due to not seeing a doctor on a regular basis.infact,he had not seen a doctor since social security last reviewed his case in 2004 in which his benefits were continued at that time.he was sent to one of their doctors as part of the cdr review.due to some financial problems he's been haveing lately he has been unable to afford to go to the doctor and has no way to get there since his car was repossesed.he was sent the 10 page report to fill out as part of the review.since he has not been seing any doctors there was basically not much to fill out on the form except for some basic information.after about 3 weeks after sending in the form he recieved a letter telling him that his benefits were being terminated due to his medical improvement.i guess social security assumed that since he hasn't been to a doctor in a while that his condition has improved to the point where he can return to work and to terminated benefits..i read a story online about this very subject about people who are being affected by the economy and can't afford to go to the doctor on a regular basis and who's benefits are being stopped due to not receiving treatment for their disabling condition.the article went on to say that social security is cracking down on people who aren't truly disabled and who are not seeing a doctor on a regular basis.once approved for ssdi benefits that doesn't mean you have a free pass for benefits for the rest of your life.you must continually prove to social security by continueing to see your doctors and takeing medications so that when the time comes for your cdr review you will have all of the evidence needed to prove that your still disabled and to have your benefits continued.
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (11-03-2011)