View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had to jump in here as I have been reading this thread with great interest. I too have ATOS. I struggle as I am 100% compresses in three positions and 100% open when my arm is down. I am (was) an accountant and have worked on computers (spreadsheets) all my life. I too kept taking meds so I could keep working. I loved my career and miss it terribly. But, I have found I have adjusted to my "new normal".

As for Thanksgiving dinner, I too love to nurture my kids and it pleases me so to put on a nice meal for everyone. But trust me, your children would rather have you healthy and recovering nicely if that is what your doctor thinks is best.

Also, you are very young and your condition is vascular so you should expect a great result. As for the asthma, the most important thing is that the doctor knows ahead of time so they can prepare you in pre-op. My daughter has severe asthma and has had eight surgeries. The first time, she did not tell them she had asthma and she struggled with breathing issues in recovery but after that oversight they always give her a breathing treatment right before surgery and she does just fine (she is 32 now).

I know surgery is so scary but you have good health, youth, and a good medical team on your side. I am keeping you in my thoughts and looking forward to hear of your great success.

Elyse
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BigMama6 (11-07-2011)