View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

((((( waves ))))) Don't be concerned at all, K?

I'll explain (for you and all) start to finish and maybe it will help a bit. I hope it does anyhow... I'm sorry this is upsetting for you.

Let's say you come on one night...horribly upset or maybe even depressed and post something that you'd rather not have there the next day. Just PM a moderator of this forum or myself and we can remove the entire post or edit out what you no longer want public.

Here's another example...you create a thread. You look back a week later and feel that it leaves you feeling too vulerable or tellling. Its existence is upsetting. Just PM and the thread will be moved for you.

We can't go and move all a members posts, or delete them, because it would change history and leave confusion for the readers, but we'll certainly work our hardest to keep you feeling safe here.

Even as an admin, I don't feel comfortable acting on my own threads and I ask others to edit mine. Just last month, I contacted the mod at another site where I'm admin and asked them to move the post because I was in a totally different place the next day and it was painful for me to see. We all do it, and it's OK! Really it is.

We're members too and we know how it is. The reason we've added the limit is because some edits can change history, leave huge "holes" in the community, or another might use it for possibly something that isn't positive.

If you ever want a thread moved, or a post edited, you just PM me anytime you want and say, "KD, will you do this? It don't feel right out there." That's it. You don't have to give a reason or explanation. Now, if you asked me to move 20 of your posts and replace it with "there's a choco hungry monkey on the site", I might ask for the reasoning...hehehe.

Seriously, though, it's OK and you're safe here in having your edits done as you need them. You don't have to explain...just make the request (again, unless it's a high amount or something).

I hope this helps. We really want all to feel comfortable with the mods and admins. We're members and people too...people that care.

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>

Last edited by kimmydawn; 03-22-2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo