View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Autopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Hi lurking,
Well done, a well thought out theory. You quoted my rule that the theory that answers the most questions wins, and yours certainly is near the front row. As I read it, I looked for the answer to why some folk reach 100 PD free and others like MJF get it in their 20's. Your explanation of wrong diet is a good one, but some young onset people are known to get PD in their teens. Is there enough time for overcrowding to be caused of the veins etc in the skull.
It would be very interesting to get figures if they exist of vegetarians versus meat eaters getting PD. I must admit I had plenty of vegetables in earlier life, a faster life and fast food later on. I was diagnosed at 55.
Also would a post mortem show overcrowding in the skull? Has it been seen I wonder.
Ron
Ron, I've read that most autopsies "ruin", for lack of a better word, the brain such that it is impossible to see whether there is any vascular compression. You would probably have to clearly specify you wanted that looked for in autopsy in advance, and who knows to ask for that-most people who do get an autopsy are family members of the patient and are looking for the almighty "Lewy Bodies" to confirm the PD diagnosis.

But....with all this incredible technology we have, I just can't help but think that we have no excuse to not at least look for this. That's why Jannetta's findings were so amazing to me-78% of the people he looked at with PD had penduncle compression. This is the largest correlation I've seen in PD-not even 78% of PWP have tremor, for Pete's sake!

I am very curious to see what Jannetta's next report reveals.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (11-05-2011)