View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Nueropsych testing

Well I went to my follow up appointment. My MD said my Cognitive functions are good and said I am a very bright person... That is good news. He said my memory issues are from the physical symptoms..( It hurts to think).

I told him I wasn't sleeping well. For three nights in a row I was taking three medications that were all sedating and I still didn't sleep. He said not sleeping is a big problem because it can slow down the healing process.

He decided to increase my Amitriptalyne (sp) to 100 mg at night. I started that two nights ago. Yesterday I slept three hours. I slept last night for about six hours before waking up yeah!!!

I was told I wasn't able to return to work. That is good and bad. A part of me so wants to go back to work so I feel productive again and the other part of me was terrified I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Along with the results it showed I have a high level of Anxiety and Depression. I also have anger outbursts. Prior to my injury I would bite my tounge and not say anything. I was afraid of hurting people's feelings. Now I just dont seem to care all that much. I was happy, working out and feeling wonderful and now I'm a ball of anxiety. Prior to my injury I was the "go to girl". The one who always helped out my coworkers..the one who always tried to make our work place a happy place.

My doctor is sending over a referral to a psychiatrist. He wants me to see a therapist who is on the upper level...whatever that means. I took it as someone who can prescribe medications.

I hate to have to go through this but I cant go on living in fear, anger and being sad. I'm so pist to have to go through any of this. I'm sure we all can relate to that!!!!!

So I will wait for them to call and keep everyone updated. I fear the unknown but what can I do.......
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
s505 (11-05-2011)