View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaH4 View Post
Hi, I'm a 'frustrated momma' too...my son had multiple concussions and then finally, April 10, 2010, had a car accident in which he shattered his forehead, damaging his frontal lobe.
My son has some of the same issues...I hate to say this but I do think you should be looking at this as a new norm. I agree with the others that say the Sports Med doc isn't enough...I would start by getting a neuropsych work-up, so you know what your dealing with and how to help.
I wonder, is he self-aware of behavior? Does he understand what has happened to his brain and what he is doing? My son was 18 at the time if his major accident...there are days that he is very self-aware and admits he has a problem and needs help. Then there are days that he is insistent that he is perfectly normal and doesn't need help.
Good luck...I'll be praying for you and your fam.
I agree, we need to get a neuropsych work-up. In terms of his self awareness-- he is and he isn't. When he has his very volatile episodes and I talk to him about it later, he will say he does remember being very angry, but he never remembers the details or the extent of his actions. Most of the time, when he's just mildly agitated or frustrated, everything is everyone else's fault, never his. Everyone is out to get him. Nobody cares about him, etc., etc. I do understand this is not rational thought, but it hurts just the same. We have turned our whole house upside down to accomodate and try to help him, it's ALWAYS all about him!

I am very sorry for all you and your family have been through. I as well will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for yours~
FrustratedMomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote