View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Where is the compassion?

Paula,

Hearing your ordeal is quite sobering. So sorry that you had to go through this; as Carey has said that people with other conditions suffer this too. Fortunately, I have spent very little time in hospitals, and the only time I did the staff were fantastic about my meds even allowing me to rely on my own until I got put on the pharmacy rotation. I have had ER staff laugh at me for calling an ambulance for myself when I fell down my front steps in an ice storm. Never mind I may have lost consciousness and didn't feel safe to drive with a bleeding gash in my head...

We can shake our heads at the willful ignorance, but what really strikes me is the lack of compassion in these people. Balking at you over one vs. two pills at bed...I think my first thought when looking at your chart would be "dosing every two hours" to keep her self going and think that would suck. Has anyone even asked you how it feels to have PD? Why do you need meds so close together? This is a gold standard treatment after 50 some years of research? DBS is not a treatment innovation but rather a way to try and undo the physical dependence/addiction we have to Sinemet et al. If it were truly innovative Sinemet would not even be a factor.

May I ask what you or docs think caused the hallucinations? Was it a combo of Sinemet and anesthesia? Please tell me they did not take you off all meds for even a day.

Here is a funny thing...speaking of seeing things. I recently installed a timer app on my browser to monitor my online time at night and I didn't know it was running. This is my third time writing a reply. The first ones literally poofed before my eyes. I thought I was seeing things...but most annoying is just as I was coming upon finishing my reply the screen would blip or flash and my reply vanished. It was rather scaring me until I realized it wasn't gremlins and I had installed that timer just had no idea it would cut me off of whatever I was doing on the computer with no warning...how rude! ;-)
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote