View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunna View Post
I have multiple sclerosis and trigeminal neuralgia. My dilantin totally helps the pain, but I have a sensation of internal heat in my face, head and neck. I am wondering if anyone else deals with this.
Thank you
I am new to the group. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia for the longest! It was not until 2006 that Dr. Mohan stated that was an early sign of MS. My husband and family did not want to believe it, but 2 years later went to another neurologist and she confirmed it!!! I am so tired of being in pain everyday. I understand people like it cold. I cannot stand cold. I sleep with the heating pad on the right side of my face. I was given neurontin; which I take 2 at night and it does help me sleep. I cannot take it during the day as I have to work. I do use capzacin. I'd rather it burn than be in pain. Unfortunately, it makes my face red when I put it on. The paind in my head feels like needles prickling my head. The face pain is like that but sometimes it feels like an elephant kicking me in the face!!!
Carlisa38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote