Thread: cervical spine
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cervical spine

hello I need advice regarding my cervical spine I was born with congenital scoliosis from a hemivertabre and a block vertebra , once this was diagnosed aged 11 I was sent for a mri which detected a small syrinx ( which was symptom free) which I was told was nothing to worry about , so I proceeded with a spinal fusion as recommended by the orthopaedic surgeon with Harrington rods.

Now 14 years later I stated suffering with some strange symptoms pain stiffness in upper back radiating down right arm, freezing feet , calf muscle twitches , dizziness, nausea, numb feet, sharp pain under right foot running into toes , pins needless in feet and hands , so I went back to the new orthopaedic surgeon thinking it was the curve in my spine , as soon as he saw I had a syrinx in my notes that all he was concerned about so sent me for a mri .
When the results came back he said that the syrinx was too small to cause symptoms and was a prominent central canal and not a true syrinx , as he couldn't explain the symptoms he referred me to a neurosurgeon which im still currently waiting to see . the link to my mri image is below can you please advise to what you see the best you can thanks
alzo25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote