View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: another comment

I noticed you said your medical insurance has gone out of site. I had pre-existing conditions, so was never able to get insurance at all. When I failed and had 6 surgeries, it wiped out all my savings, and all the money my parents had saved for me too. I now have joined the ranks of the poor, on medicare/medicaid. I am bitter as I worked all my life. My folks had a trust for me which they tried to make it so I could not use it for medical conditions. They knew I would get wiped out. the state didn't care what the trust said. I was not allowed to keep those funds to keep me in my home. It was meant for me to pay my taxes to live in this home. Now I will loose my home also. This country is not fair to those who are ill. I am very bitter at what has been done to me. The programs we have in place are unfair, and lead nowhere but into poverty. Even though your pay 1,600, that would be better than loosing all you have like I did. Medicals costs have skyrocketed, making many people like me, so very sad. I did bring it to my State Rep, Supposedly, the states attorney is looking at my case. I am trying to keep my home. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote