View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all,

Long time reader/lurker but first time poster as I have been hesitant to chime in since I can still work and my condition is not nearly as bad as most of yours. I don't have issues doing most day to day things unless they require a lot of arm strength or endurance both of which I have very little. Here's my brief story:

I am 34 and was diagnosed with bilateral TOS a few years ago (2007). From what I can figure out, my TOS gradually developed over a long period of time as a kid due to a number of factors such as repetitive strain from swimming and computer use, bad posture, minor whiplash in an accident, etc. I had inklings something was not right as early as 2000 but it wasn't until late 2006 when it really became noticeable.

Symptoms:
-Poor circulation in arms/hands, especially when raised > 90 degrees. This results in fatigue, heaviness and tingling.
-Poor circulation in feet
-Winged scaplua on both sides (much worse on right)
-Lots of muscle tension everywhere, especially scalene/traps/scapula/upper spine area
-Tender spots all over that cause aching when pressed with light/moderate pressure
-Cracking joints, especially my shoulders and neck which get cracked repeatedly throughout the day
-Some minor tingling and coldness in my hands
-Random aching in various places

Things I have tried:
-Saw a neurologist focused on TOS and was diagnosed with bilateral TOS and very minor carpal tunnel.
-Physical therapy for ~3-4 months, didn't seem to do much good at all.
-Massage therapy for ~3 months, went once a week and it loosened me up a bit but the relief only lasted a day or so. Eventually it stopped having much affect at all.
-Saw a chiro who had me do spinal manipulation for ~6 months to help with posture, now I go every 6 weeks. Also found my vitamin D levels were quite low so I am taking that as well.

No idea what to do next, but that's for another post!