View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Ace and welcome.

i am not working right now. i have worked on and off but for the past several years it's been off a lot. i have had increasing difficulty with it over the years. i have worked medicated and unmedicated, but what i found to be the biggest factor for me in terms of how well i could manage, was the human factors in the work environment. i have been able to work through bad depressions given a warm work environment. unfortunately hostile or competitive work environments are much more common.

as far as the not working, i also had a physical injury and migraine increases that complicated things. my migraine increases may have had to do with stress and/or anxiety levels in certain jobs, but that may not be the case. just to let you know bipolar isn't my only problem.

i still resist "disability certification" - they don't pay you anything in the country where i live, no SSDI like thing. it's more akin to getting certified for rights that the AMA covers in the US, then if you work, the employer gets an incentive for hiring you. .

rather, i am looking to change my line of work to something that is .... shall we say, "closer to the heart." stress will be present in any line of work but i think it will be a different kind. i am working on stress tolerance in therapy. it is also something that one need not do full time whereas my former field was always full time andthensome, deadlines, high pressure.

first i have to feel better. i am depressed right now and also recovering from sensory overwhelm, as well as addressing in therapy the issues that i feel have most impacted me in previous jobs, and that will be common to any work situation.

good luck sorting the meds out. it can take patience. good that they are going slow with the lamictal.

good to meet you.

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-07-2011), Dmom3005 (11-04-2011), mymorgy (11-05-2011)