View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbean View Post
To her all of those mean the same thing, and that is that her tummy hurts. I attribute this to her 2+ years of chronic diarrhea as a toddler and how that made it difficult for her to learn those cues.

Open to ideas!
This seems pretty common...little kids don't have enough vocabulary and experience to put together the right words to describe their feelings. We've had a miserable time trying to differentiate between dd's migraines (with aura); sinus headaches (epiphany comes when the fever hits), and tension type headache. All respond to different treatments. And throw in that we just now realize the tummy aches and vomiting aren't necessarilly related...well, it's frustrating.

I'm wondering if something IS happening at school. Are you sure she isn't sharing, or eating something that seems safe to her? With my dd K was when headaches hit their most spectacular. The third time I picked her up spewing brilliant blue I began to suspect blue dye was a problem. (and soon verified it) I rarely bought dyed items at home...but at school, she was getting them for math projects and sharing lunches. (No, they aren't supposed to share)

There may be art projects that include gluten, and they don't wash the kids hands very well. (many schools are switching to hand sanitizers, which obviously don't remove anything. I wouldn't want to eat them either!)

And what about the snacks you buy "for school"? Did she eat them before? Corn can cause all sorts of abdominal issues, especially corn syrup. Fructose can be bothering her too. Is water okay? If juice is bothering her it could be a fructose issue.

Good luck!!!
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote