Thread: Cold feet
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Lupin

I too share the pain from extremely cold toes and feet and occasionally w/ burning simultaneously but the cold is by far much worse for me. Many times my toes and feet are cold to the touch, other times they are at normal body temperature but my brain still registers the dysthesia as cold. I'm fortunate in that I've had several Doppler ultrasounds done and I know my arterial circulation from my thighs to the great toe is good. However, I'm sure that my microvascular circulation has suffered from the PN.

What works much of the time for me is an electric mattress pad that my wife bought a few months ago - just like an electric blanket but on the bottom. It has individual controls so I don't disturb her. I turn the pad on my side ~15-20min before I come to bed at which point the foot of the bed is comfortably warm. My feet and toes slowly warm up and I can get some rest.

Some days I've found that putting my feet down on a rug that's been warmed by the sun can sometimes give me some relief too, albeit briefly. I don't know if this will help you but it might be a worth a try.
I do hope you find some relief from the pain.
Alkymst
Alkymst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote