Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
Hi, ginnie:

I think that if I am successful in finding another endocrinologist, he will ask to see the medical records concerning my thyroid and its problems, which is a normal thing for any endocrinologist to do if he is going to take care of my thyroid problems. When this new endocrinologist sees that I already consulted another endocrinologist, he will ask me why I quit seeing the first one. I cannot avoid answering this question; if I do, he will simply call the first endocrinologist to get his answers and this endocrinologist will say bad things about me to the new endocrinologist on the phone, just like he said bad things about me to my primary care physician in a letter. When I tell him what happened with this first endocrinologist, he will not want to medically care for me anymore because he will consider me as a "problem patient", if you see what I mean. French Polynesia is such a small island that there are very few endocrinologists there. I think there are two to three endocrinologists in the whole French Polynesia.

Quote: "Not all doctors will consider you invisible. Not all doctors are bad." I would so, so much like to believe this and regain my trust in doctors again but I still have not succeeded. I read a proverb that says it is easier to lose one's trust than to regain it.

Quote: "Have you considered walking into an emergency room and explain about your RSD and the thyroid sufferings?" The ER doctors in French Polynesia always tell me they only take life or limb threatening emergencies and not benign problems such as those caused by my RSD and by my thyroid. They claim my pain is all in my head. They do not believe me when I tell them my problems are as bad as I say. No wonder I do not trust doctors anymore.

Quote: "What about going to the newspaper and try to get your story out there." If I was in the U.S., maybe American newspapers would have been interested in my story, but in French Polynesia, which I call "hell hole", the French newspapers would just ignore me. I might as well be dead for them.

Quote: "Yet briefly there will come some little bit of joy into life that will let me know all is not lost." I am still waiting for this little bit of joy into my life. I am waiting, and waiting, and waiting... No joy comes my way...

On the 25th of this month, I will be 37 years old. I already lost several teeth because I cannot afford crowns, which cost at least U.S. $ 1,000 each.

Thanks for your answer, information, and kindness.
Kitty, there is a site on the internet relating to Hypothroidism. it is www.1-Thyroid.com The site heading is Treatment/Hypothrodism/Iodine I think you may find this most helpful. Check it out and let me know what you think. Please hold on. We really do care. I am Hypothroid myself.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (11-05-2011)