View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy66 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to rewrite that information for me, as I did not see you original post. Reading that makes me realize how greatly any work whatsoever affects a person's claim or benefits. I am so sorry that happened to you.... it's just not right!! My doctor wrote a letter today stating that I can no longer be working. Well that gets me past step one if I start a new claim or if I'm lucky enough to get a remand hearing then at least at that point the ALJ can move past step one, although I'm sure at that point they would try to change my onset date.

I just wish I knew if I will be able to get a remand hearing. Again, would anyone please read my judge's errors in my appeal briefing and tell me if you think there is enough error to get a remand. Please anyone... I put a new post listing the appeal and errors.
I started working on an answer for you yesterday. If you want a technical response perhaps someone can provide it more quickly than I can... I got exhausted and had a bad day today. I'll finish it if you want, but it won't be till next week.

Gilbert is correct, any work can be a trigger for review. Any work above $720 starts counting towards TWP... Some people claim staying under $500 a month is safe. Some attorneys warn their clients to perform no PT work to be safe. On the other hand, there are people that do work PT and continue to collect benefits. They seem to be reviewed much more frequently and much more closely though.

I think you have a good chance for a remand. I'm not certain I agree with everything your attorney cited, but that delves into a long response I'm not up to providing.

Assuming you'll be granted a remand, can you hold out 18 months to let's say 3 years before you can again address your case before an ALJ? I would have given up backpay to get a faster approval--luckily I didn't have to be forced with your decision.

Read up on your state UI rules. Hopefully you can collect unemployment until you get a decision.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote